Class Day Activities to Begin Tonight With Senior Dance in Lowell House

Class Reunions Start Today and Tomorrow--Festivities at Climax Wednesday

Class Day week will get under way this evening at ten o'clock as the Senior Class holds its annual dance at Lowell House. Duke Ellington will play, with songstress Ivy Anderson as a feature.

Tomorrow, 5,000 alumni and their families will start for Cambridge, and the anniversary classes will begin their reunions today and tomorrow, most of them at the country clubs in Greater Boston. The Harvard Law School Association will meet Tuesday morning at Langdell Hall in Cambridge; and the Harvard Dental Alumni Association will begin a two-day meeting, Tuesday, at Cloucesfer, Mass.

Ushering in the myriad class activities of Class Day, the Seniors will assemble Wednesday morning at 11:30 o'clock in the Kirkland House triangle, for their literary exercises, including the delivery of an oration, poem, and ode.

Following the morning exercises the Seniors will march to Kirkland House where they will lunch together for the last time as undergraduates. Luncheon will be served for alumni and the students' guests in the other units of the House Plan.

The spectacular mile-long parade of Harvard alumni to the Stadium, led by the twenty-fifth reunion class, will start at 1:30 p.m. Most of the representatives of the fifty classes which have made plans for reunions in Class Day week will be in this parade, the classes which are twenty, fifteen, ten, six, and three years out of college customarily wearing the unique costumes which they have adopted.

Ceremonies in the Stadium will begin at 2 p.m. with the graduates standing to cheer the class of 1939. Following this the Seniors wearing caps and gowns will give regular cheers for the graduates he 50-year class, President Conant, and Harvard.

The Ivy Oration will be given by H. Lane Blackwell of Cambridge, Mass., and then will follow the transfer of the Senior Class colors to the Freshman class. At this juncture the class of 1914 will present a feature, and the alumni will receive the Seniors into graduate membership.

The exercises will conclude with the singing of "Fair Harvard." Immediately afterwards the confetti battle begins, the audience in the stands participating along with alumni and Seniors on the ground in tossing streamers and confetti. Then the alumni march to the baseball field for the second Harvard-Yale game at 3:30 o'clock. After the ball game there will be supper and dancing in the Houses until 8 o'clock, and then a concert by the Harvard Glee Club and University Orchestra in the Kirkland House triangle. Dancing will be resumed in the Houses at 9:30 P. M.