Progeny of Famed Celebrities Join in '43 Registration

Sons of Hanfstaengl, Bea Lillie, Saltonstall Enter As Freshmen

Sons of famous parents and students who have become newsworthy passed through the registration mill in Memorial Hall yesterday to join the ranks of first year students.

Egon Hanfstaengl was one of them. He is the son of Ernst Hanfstaengl who was at one time Hitler's foreign press chief, but left Germany permanently several years ago for an undiscovered reason. When, he was in Hitler's inner circle, Hanfstaengl offered the University a $10,000 scholarship fund which was refused.

Governor's Son Enrolis

Peter Saltonstall, second son of the Governor, is another Yardling who enrolled yesterday. Last year he did some fame winning of his own when he won the 1000 meter run in the private school meet as a student at Noble and Greenough School. Yesterday afternoon he reported for Freshman football as a guard candidate.

Enrolling as a provisional sophomore, Anthony Williams, an English student who studied at Cambridge last year, has a strange tale to tell. Among other things, he is a sergeant-major in His Majesty's army reserve. When he reported to the British consul in order to return to England to join his regiment, he was told that he was not wanted, so he decided to come to Harvard and study for a while.

Refugees Are Enrolled

Following through with last year's refugee plan, several refugees have been brought to the University this year through the Refugee Committee. The Refugee Committee conducted these foreign students through registration.

Many of these told tales of exciting escapes from Europe.

FASTEST FRESHMAN IN NAME SIGNING RUNS OFF WITH LOOT

A fleet-footed Freshman named Mumzert was the winner of yesterday's epic Registration Race at Memorial Hall. Mumzert, in fact, was going so fast as he left the ordeal of name signing, that he failed to leave his first name with the special CRIMSON correspondent who had been assigned to cover the annual event. His prize was a subscription to Cambridge's breakfast table newspaper.

Losing by a nose was an unidentified member of the class of '43 who flatly refused to accept the second prize--a free Lampoon.