Conant's Offices Will Be Moved to Mass. Hall Soon

Other Administrative Officers Will Leave University Hall Also

The offices of President Conant and other administrative officers of the University will be removed from University Hall to the first two floors of Massachusetts Hall in the near future.

A main entrance has been constructed at the eastern end of the building facing the Yard. The upper two floors will continue as dormitory quarters, with a separate entrance on the side of the building.

Executive Offices

On the first floor will be provided offices for President Conant, Financial Vice-President John W. Lowes, and Dean of the University George H. Chase, and on the second floor for Jerome D. Greene, Secretary to the Corporation and of the Board of Overseers, and David M. Little, Secretary to the University.

The purpose of the transfer of the President's office from University Hall is to bring together in adjoining suites the chief administrative officers of the University and the administrative records.

The rooms vacated in University Hall by the President and Financial Vice-President will be used by the Dean and the two Assistant Deans of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.

The Presidents have had their offices in University Hall for over one hundred years, but the new change is in keeping with Harvard's historic tradition since Massachusetts Hall is the oldest University building.

Built in 1720

The building was constructed in 1720 from a fund donated by the Province of Massachusetts. With various interior changes, the latest that of 1924 after a fire, the building has stood intact ever since.