RESIGNATION NOT IN PROTEST, BURBANK SAYS

Former Economics Chairman Points to Burden of Work, Denies Resigning Because of Tenure Policy

In yesterday's CRIMSON it was erroneously stated that Associate Professor Charles H. Taylor had succeeded Professor Harold H. Burbank as Chairman of the Division of History, Government, and Economics. Professor Taylor has been Division head for several years.

Professor Burbank, who has resigned the Economics Department chairmanship and has been succeeded by Professor Chamberlin, yesterday denied the CRIMSON'S statement that his resignation had been prompted by opposition to the Administration's tenure policy.

In addition to holding the departmental chairmanship for 12 years, Professor Burbank is Chairman of the Division's Board of Tutors and has been active in the training of teachers and in the graduate field. He gives three and a half Economic courses.

Pointing to the burden of his administrative and teaching work, Professor Burbank yesterday said, "The facts are perfectly clear." He termed the CRIMSON'S explanation of his resignation a "completely unjustified assumption."