FRESHMEN TO HAVE SPONSORED REVIEWS

Music I, French F Times Set, Putnam Announces; Review Talks Given to Combat Tutoring Schools

With the examination menace coming closer every day, the Freshman Union Committee is redoubling its efforts to squeeze in reviews in all of the major Freshman courses, George E. Putnam '43, Chairman of the Committee, announced last night.

Since the dates of the reviews are quite tentative so far, the Committee has been able to settle the dates of only two reviews as yet. The Music I review will be conducted on Tuesday at 7:30 o'clock in the Upper Common Room of the Union. French F is also definitely scheduled for Friday evening at 7:30 o'clock at the same place and will be run by Howard C. Rice, instructor in Romance Languages and the head of the course.

This is the second series of reviews sponsored by the Union Committee in an effort to keep all Freshmen out of the tutoring schools in order that the information that they receive may be correct and condensed in the proper manner.

The reviews are being held in the major courses only for two primary reasons. The first is that the tutoring schools seem to draw most of their recruits from the large survey courses that the Freshmen have to take before they can select their field of concentration. The second reason is that the Committee has not the time to get in reviews on all courses that Freshmen could take as this would open up an almost unlimited field.