Attendance of 600 Expected at Dinner In Honor of Apted

Gala Party Will Feature Prominent Speakers, Singing, Band, Glee Club

Undergraduate and graduate friends of Colonel Charles R. Apted, veteran Super-intendent of Caretakers and head of the Yard Police, will have an opportunity to attend the giant testimonial dinner which is being given in his honor in Memorial Hall on February 6.

Ticket sales indicate that at least 600 prominent public officials, lawyers, police officers. Faculty members, employees, and other friends of Apted will attend the dinner. Tickets, at $25.50, may be obtained from any member of the dinner committee. Both men and women are invited.

The speakers will include Ex-Governor Charles F. Hurley, Dean Hanford, Dean Pound, Dean Landis, Attorney General Paul A. Dever, and Dean Chase, who will represent President Conant.

The Harvard Glee Club of sixty members will give a half-hour concert at the dinner, it was announced by Mr. William a. Lawrence, co-chairman of the affair. Other entertainment will be provided by a section of the Band, by a professional orchestra, singers, instruments soloists, and student entertainers.