CARRMEN EKE OUT WIN 4-3

Best Williams to Avenge Last Year's 3-2 Defeat

Following the same procedure as they did in the Tufts game last week the Crimson soccer eleven started very slowly but came back in the third quarter with a one goal handicap to edge out Williams 4 to 3 Saturday.

It was a field day for Lou Vorley, veteran left inside wing, who booted in two scores in a third period frolic to give him top scoring honors for the day. Bill Edgar deserves credit for ending the Crimson's first half slump by tying the score in the closing moments of the second canto with a long kick from middle field. In the third quarter Prenny Willetts dropped in another long one from left outside position to give the Crimson their fourth and last goal.

The Harvard attack seemed to be hogging down when the purple squad with a first period score as a foundation were given two more in quick succession from the toes of John Gibson and Dave Fitzgerald respectively in the fourth. But with Williams knocking on the door to victory the Carrmen tightened their defense and checked further attempts by the enemy. Thus the game ended with Harvard avenged of their 3 to 2 defeat of last year.