POTAGE HARVARDIEN

Under the guise of a dulcet French nomenclature, the Dining Halls continue to serve food of the better drugstore variety. This is not to say anything against that venerable American institution, the drugstore; but there is a growing feeling among Harvard men that for Liggett's food they should pay Liggett's prices.

Last year the Student council and the 137 petitioners for which it spoke scored an initial success when the administration acted on its report. Mr. Walsh, an expert in the restaurant business, was appointed to investigate the alleged inefficiency in the Dining Halls. Mr. Walsh investigated for seven weeks and summed up his findings in a voluminous report. The report is still under consideration, and the food is still as bad as before.

At the beginning of this year, the Students Council won another victory with the appointment of a dietitian to the Dining Hall staff. Since the beginning of this month, the dietitian has been on her job. The food has not improved a jot or a tittle.

All gratitude is due to the Administration for its prompt response to student demand. But the steps taken should not obscure the goal yet to be achieved. Harvard still swallows unpalatable food at unpalatable cost. Harvard still harbors too many cooks who spoil the broth.