SOCCERMEN TAKE MASS. STATE 1-0

Last Minute Free Kick By Bill Edgar Brings Breathtaking Win to Crimson

In the closest game of the year the Crimson soccer eleven tucked away their third straight win a row by edging out Massachusetts State 1 to 0 Saturday on the Business School Field.

Everyone present had held their breath and crossed their fingers right up to the last minute when Bill Edgar ended the suspense by slashing a free kick through Mass. State goalie Smith and saved the Carrmon's undefeated record.

The game was hard fought all the way with the Crimson keeping the upper hand most of the time. The forward line lacked their scoring punch of previous games, but this was probably brought about by the fact that the Bay-states offered one of the best defensive combinations that the team has met all year. The Johnnie's last minute drive showed that they are no longer subject to a last period slump like that in the Williams game, and they should be at top form when they meet the tough Dartmouth eleven next meet.

The Freshman team fought to a 2 to 2 deadlock with Bradford-Durfee on the adjoining field.