'44, Girls to Boost Crowd at Pep Rally

Yardlings More Than 300 Strong For "Best Dartmouth" Cheering

A "Best Dartmouth" rally, Harvard's second big cheer-fest of the season, will take place in the Indoor Athletic Building at 7:15 o'clock today, with more than 300 Freshman already pledged to attend on a petition circulated by several Yardlings last night. A brief program of speeches, songs, and yells had been planned, lasting about 25 minutes all told.

A large portion of the Band will assemble in the Yard shortly before 7 o'clock and lead a torchlight procession of freshmen to the top floor of the Indoor Athletic Building, meeting the upperclassmen there. This rally is open to girls, which fact is expected to swell the attendance considerably.

Harlow, Fester to Speak

Dick Harlow and Wes Fester headline the speaking program. Fraunie Simpson, captain of basketball will be the master of ceremonies for the occasion.

Dick Harlow needs no introduction, but it might be well to say a bit about Wes Fester. All-America end for two years in a row and All-Big Ten basketball. Fester has become a legendary scholar-athlete at his alma mater. Onto State. Grautland Rice named him on his all-time All-America team at end. He is head basketball coach and assistant football coach at Harvard.