Latourette of Yale To Talk on Church History

Noble Lecturer Will Give First of Six Addresses on Monday Night

Professor Kenneth Scott Latourette, of Yale University, noted authority on the history of the Christian Church, will begin Monday a series of lectures on the general subject "The Outlook for Christianity." The lectures will be given on successive Monday evenings at 8 p. m. in the Memorial Church, and will be open to the public without charge.

Dr. Latourette will be at Harvard as the William Belden Noble Lecturer of the Divinity School.

His topic Monday night will be "The Historical Background to A. D. 950." Subsequent lectures in the series will be: Nov. 25, "The Historical Background, to A. D. 950 to A. D. 1815;" Dec. 2, "The Historical Background, the Nineteenth Century;" Dec. 9, "Our Own Age;" and Dec. 16, "The Look Ahead."

Professor Latourette is Professor of Missions and Oriental History at Yale, and for several years has been writing a monumental work, "A History of the Expansion of Christianity." He has also writen extensively on missions in the Far East, on Oriental history, and on various phases of the history of Christianity. He has taught at the College of Yale in China, at Reed College, Denison University, and at Yale since 1927.

The Noble Lecture foundation was established by Nannie Yulee Noble in memory of her husband, who graduated in 1885, in the "hope of arousing in young men the joy of service for Christ and humanity, especially in the ministry of the Christian Church."