WAR RELIEF DRIVE OPENS CAMPAIGN

Goal Is $6,000, To Be Handed Over To Boston Charities

With a goal of $6,000 and a time limit of one week, the War Relief Drive will open a whirlwind campaign on Monday for funds to distribute among six of the major war charity organizations.

The opening of the drive will be followed up by a mass meeting on Tuesday, with Andre Morize, popular professor of Romance Languages making his first appearance since his return from France, as featured speaker.

Morize, along with Lucien Brouham Belgian expatriate now in the Physiology Department, and Hans Sachs, Austrian refugee teaching at the Medical School, will present the case for the victims of the European War and will present a plea for cooperation by the student body.

The drive, sponsored by the Student Council, is beginning on Armistice Day and lasting through next week. A door-to-door campaign will be conducted through the Houses and the Freshman dormitories, with David D. Henry '41 at the head of the War Relief Committee.

The American National Red Cross, the English Speaking Union, the British War Relief Society, the World Student Service Fund, the Allied Relief Fund, and the American Friends' Service Committee will all be represented in the campaign.