Labor, Peace, Defense Groups Formed by HSU

Ames, Hod son, and Gottlieb Will Head New Committees Next Week

Formation of three main committees to discuss and take action on events of interest to Students, and a membership meeting to be held on Monday, December 18, were announced yesterday by the Harvard Liberal Union.

A Labor Group, and a Defense Group, will constitute the new committees. Each led by a member of the Union they will be fully organized within the next week.

The Peace Group will be led by William Hod son '42, and will consider the problems of peace and reconstruction in Europe at the conclusion of the war. The Group will work with Parson Wild, assistant professor of Government, who has taken an active interest is such work.

The Defense Group, directed by Alan Gottleb '41, will study problems of defense, and work out possible solutions based on a knowledge and understanding of the matter under consideration.

Prior to the meeting on December 18, which will feature a speaker and election of officers, the Union will hold a number of informal gatherings in the Houses, as well as a Freshman meeting in the Union.

Roger Fisher '43 is in charge of the meeting. The speaker and meeting-place will be announced later.