LEE ACKERMAN '43 WINS TWO WRESTLING CROWNS

Yardlings Take Four of Eight Classes In University Championships; Miller Beats Rogstad

Highlighted by the 163 pound bout between Lee Ackerman '43 and Ray Stone '42, which Ackerman won in addition to the 175-1b, crown, the University Wrestling Championships were finished Wednesday.

The '43 wrestling team showed up very well in the final results, with four out of eight titles resting on the shoulders of Yardlings. In 121 pounds, serapy Jack Burnham '43 won by default, and in 28, Burnham was edged in a decision by J. A. Cranshaw 1G. Alex Early 2L won his match in the prescribed seven minutes from Bill Taylor '43. Early is the boxer who has taken the 115-lb. crown in the Boxing Championships for the second straight year.

Captain Lee Ackerman of the Yardling grapplers won a decision in the 165 class from W. H. Ober '41 to warm up for his bout with Ray Stone in the 175-pounder group. This fight was the feature of the evening, and Ackerman finally edged out a decision to take the two crowns.

Frank Wheeler '43 gained a decision from Norman Johnson '42 in the 145-lb. class, and Ray Stone pinned his opponent, A. Shalom 3L, in 5 minutes and 30 seconds to decide the 155 pound crown.

300-pound Vern Miller '42 won the match from unlimited Tom Rogstad '43 by decision.