Crimson Fencers Place Poor Fourth in Pentagonal Meet

No exception to the icy blast of defeat which swept through all Harvard athletics on Saturday, the Varsity swordsmen eked out a poor fourth place in the Pentagonals at West Point, and the previously undefeated Freshmen were soundly trounced by Loomis School, 19 to 8.

Army, with 68 1/2, won the Pentagonal meet, while Navy, the overwhelming premeet favorite, was a close second with 67. The other scores were: Yale, 55; Harvard, 48 1/2; and Princeton, 31. The Crimson will have another crack at both Army and Yale in dual meets later in the season.

After the supposedly strong foil team lost to Navy, 1 to 8, and the sabremen went down in inglorious defeat before a weak Princeton outfit, it was just about all over for the Peroymen.

The epee team tied Navy, Art Jaros wound up in a triple tie for the individual foil championship, and Lynn Brua knocked Smith of Army out of the epee title. But outside of these minor achievements the Crimson fencers only added to the mediocrity of a sloppy morning and afternoon for all concerned.