SULLIVAN SUES LAMPY FOR $100,000 IN LIBEL ACTION

BOWIE GIVEN TWO WEEKS TO FILE ANSWER TO SUMMONS

Michael A. Sullivan, staunch upholder of Harvard's morals, has not abandoned his intention of suing the Lampoon for $100,000 because the Mt. Auburn Street organ last January "exposed" him as a Russian communist whose real name is Mikajl Akim Seratov.

It was learned yesterday that Mickey the Dude has actually brought suit in Middlesex County Superior Court, and that formal notification has been served on W. Russell Bowie, Jr., '41, Lampy president. The 'Poon must file a written answer within two weeks.

Publicity Stunt

When the Lampoon published its fake expose nearly three mouths ago, and Mickey countered by announcing that he would sue the magazine, take over its palatial building, and convert it into an Irish night club, seasoned observers said "More publicity for Mickey," and laughed it off.

But now the Lampoon is faced with the prospect of settling out of court, or of fighting the suit, which will take over a year.

Trial in Local Courts

If the Peon elects to defend the suit, which will be tried before a local jury not over-sympathetic to Harvard pranks, Mickey may win his libel suit, although he has no chance of proving that he has been damaged to the extent of $10,000, or even $100. Even if the court awards Sullivan damage to the extent of one cent, the "Poem will be stuck for costs, which may be a considerable amount.