FLASH!

Crimson Network programs will come through the steam heating pipes. But kicking your radiator and twiddling the valve isn't the way to tune in on music, sweet and low. A radio, complete with shiny tubes, is the open sesame to Harvard's newest experiment. As over a professional network, programs will be widely varied, and no one policy will channel the presentation.

As the undergraduate settles in his chair, he will hear Faculty members, record programs, mostly classical, concerts, from the Pierian, Glee Club, and Stradivarius Quartet. Argument, with forums. Drama, with radio plays. And sideline, ringside, poolside chatter till his spine prickles.

He'll get to know Harvard better, and hear people he never thought existed. And in the bright blue, University-donated studio space in Shephard Hall, as time wears on and the Network gathers experience, talent in radio technical work will leave the lonely room where the ham tinkers, and nobody pays attention.

During these opening spring weeks, the Network will not broadcast many hours a day, and there may be flaws to iron out. But in these few hours the best entertainment possible will be presented, and it is on the quality of its output that the success of the Network depends. Tonight at 7 o'clock you can fill in that after-dinner lull by tuning in at 800 kilocycles on your dial.