Photographs Currently on Exhibit in Union Show Expert Skill in Varied List of Subjects

First Honors Go to Chadwick's "Gull In Flight"; Agoos Is Second With Child Study

John B. Chadwick's remarkable picture of a gull in flight has been awarded top honors in the Harvard Union Photographic Society's exhibit of 92 prints which is now being shown in the Lower Common Room of the Union.

Second prize has ben given to Julian 10. Agoos '40, whose picture of "Column," a young boy, is notable for its clarity and realism. "Boulder Dam," showing the white concrete contrasted with the rugged mountains in the background, has won third prize for John B. Breed '40.

Honorable Mentions

Honorable mentions have been awarded to three Freshmen. Frederick Goeiz's "The Musician" shows a student trying to play an ocarina while reading from a badly crumpled piece of music. "Sea Breeze," by Walter Rogers, is a picture taken by the seashere with the beach grasses giving way before the wind. Kirkham Cornwell's "Mike" is a sopia picture of a cooker spaniel.

The judges of the competition were Robert T. Morris of the Fogg Museum, M. J. McCann of Raiph Harris Company, and George Warner of Claus Gelotte.

Americana Stressed

American scenes and characters are emphasized in the exhibit, which has received much favorable comment from Freshmen as well as upperclassmen. Agoos has many pictures of people from southern and southwestern United States, and Breed has several pictures of Colorader and Montana on display. Chadwick specializes in sea pictures, and Cornwell and Philip Field have taken numerous pictures of various scenes in New York City.

R. W. Forbes '40 has a remarkably close picture of a bunting near its nest