SABBATICAL IS TO BE TAKEN BY HANFORD

To Spend Half-Year Vacation in Vermont, Maryland; Chase Substituted as College Dean

Dean A. Chester Hanford will take a much-needed vacation during the first half of the 1940-41 academic years, and Dean Chase will serve as Acting Dean of the College at that time, the University announced yesterday.

Saying that this will be his "first real vacation" since 1919, Dean Hanford plans to go to Vermont for the first part of his sabbatical, and to the eastern part of Maryland during the latter part of the half-year. During that time he plans to got a complete rest, and to do a considerable amount of reading in government.

Dean Chase's place as Dean of the University will be taken by John C. Baker, Associate Director of Business Research in the Graduate School of Business Administration, during the same period.

A member of the Business School faculty since 1926, Professor Baker was assistant Dean of the School from 1928 to 1936, and is now professor of Business Administration as well as Associate Director of Business Research. He will continue in these positions while serving as Acting Dean of the University.