HOLLYWOOD SALLY LIKES CRIME ALLEY; ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT LEADING BAND

10,000 Legionnaires Appland Pretty Drum Majorette at Soldiers Field

Fresh from an enthusiastic round of applause from some 10,000 Legionnaires gathered last night to witness a combination Billy Rose extravaganzas and burlesque in the stadium, Miss Sally Loomis, enryesome 18-year old drum majoritie of Hollywood, California, gladly volunteered her services in leading the Harvard Band this year.

Oh?

Mias Loomis, her shapely limbs outlined against a dedicatory plaque reading "To the Joy of Manly Contest", expressed her enthusiasm for everything Harvard. "I like the town; I like the accent; and I do like the boys! I thought at first that I wouldn't like the indifference, but I simply haven't found any." Judging from the number of craning necks, there was none to be found.

Gee...

Exceptional ability in the art of high stopping, strutting and baton-twirling as well as feminine magnetism has earned Miss Loomis many prizes, among them the California Drum Majorette Championship. At present she is attending the Hollywood Professional School for models and actresses. "But I could certainly find time to work at Harvard. she quickly added.

Wow!!

The Cklahoma Indian Band which Miss Loomis leads was one of fifteen groups competing in the Senior National Drum and Bugle Corps Championship of the American Legion. The finals of the competition began at 7 o'clock and ended at 12 midnight.