UNDEFEATED SWIMMERS WILL FACE COLUMBIA TOMORROW

Drucker vs. Brown Battle To Feature Competition

By David B. Stearns

Hal Ulen's undefeated troupe of piscatorial piddlers, as yet untried by a major opponent, tangles with Columbia in the Morningside Heights pool tomorrow afternoon. It will be the first Eastern Intercollegiate League meet of the season for both teams.

The Ulenmen leave for New York highly favored to make the meet a repeat performance of last year's 48 to 27 rout. Jack Doyle, Broadway betting impressario, had quoted odds as high as 10 to 1 in favor of the Indoor Athletic Building outfit.

The Lions pin their hopes for victory on utility man Jack brown, who is at home either in the back or breaststroke events. Already this year he has been clocked in 1:43 a very creditable time for the 150 yard backstroke.

Opposite Brown in this event, Hal Ulen will pit his promising Sophomore dorsal artist, Bill Drucker, who up to this point has not been defeated in Varsity competition. In winning against the Alumni and M. I. T., Drucker was not pressed, and it remains to be seen what time he can hit when under pressure.

The breaststroke event should also prove close. Flying 200 yards in a time of 2:41.4, George Simihtsi last year copped first place against the Crimson natators, beating out Rob White and Max Kraus. The same pair will splash tomorrow for the Ulenmen but the outcome is uncertain due to the rapid improvement of "Diesel" White.

Coach Kennedy of the Lions, without his sprint star of last year, Captain John Vergeichik, will be forced to depend on Gunnar Ohberg in the short races.

On the strength of Ohberg's performances last year the 50 and 100 yard dashes should prove easy meat for Ulen's bevy of "fair-to-middling" sprinters.

Captain Frannie Powers and Bus Curwen should have little trouble winning the longer events.

Coach Larry Peterson's undefeated Yardlings will meet Huntington School and Brookline High at 3 o'clock tomorrow here.