Jack Carr Announces Resignation As Coach

Varsity Soccer Mentor to Confine Activities To Legal Profession

The resignation of Jolin F. Carr '28, head soccer coach since 1929, was announced yesterday from Bill Bingham's office in the H.A.A. Bingham said that Carr, who is a Boston lawyer, had resigned because of the demands of his law practice and added that his successor would be named later.

Carr, who lives at 71 Larch Road in Cambridge, received his A.B. Degree from Harvard College in 1928. He prepared for Harvard at Cambridge Latin School, where he was goalie on the hockey team in 1923. At Harvard he played soccer for four years and was captain and star halfback of the varsity team of 1927. After his graduation from here, he studied at the Boston University Law School, from which he received his LL.B. Degree in 1932. He was appointed Freshman soccer coach at Harvard for the season of 1928. In 1929 he was appointed head coach of soccer.

In twelve seasons as head coach, his teams won 63 games, lost 22, and tied 19. In thirteen Yale games, two having been played in 1932, his teams won six, lost five, and tied two. His best team was the 1938 team which won eight games tied one and lost none, and won the New England Intercollegiate Soccer League Championship.