Ulenmen Prepare For Columbia and Brown

Hal Ulen is working overtime with his Varsity mermen these days, trying to whip them into shape for the Columbia meet this Saturday. Harvard is expected to take the Lions in stride, but Coach Ulen must also look ahead to the challenge of Brown next Wednesday.

There has been little change in the situation in the Indoor Athletic Building pool. Harvard's Senior-Sophomore team still lacks a good breastroker and could use another sprint man. The dive and backstroke are pretty well taken care of, and Captain Frannie Powers and Bus Curwen will handle the 220. Curwen will double in the 440, and Powers will probably join the century delegation, along with Lonnie Stowell.

Stowell will also work in the 50 with either Ted McNitt or Dave Stearns as his partner. Tom Godfrey and Tom Shrewsbury are the other ranking sprint men. Bob White, Roger Wilcox, and Max Kraus are having a three-cornered fight for the two breastroke the grade and if Senior star Art Bosworth returns to the foil, the Ulenmen will have a strong duel meet squad.