CRIMSON HARRIERS BLANK B.U. CROSS COUNTRY TEAM EASILY

Seven Runners Cross Line Together For 15-50 Victory

Sweeping the first seven places as the whole Crimson cross country jogged across the finish line together, Coach Mikkola's men scored a perfect 15 to 50 victory over Boston University yesterday afternoon at Nickerson Field.

Although only the first five places counted, the seven man Harvard aggregation broke the tape en masse, covering the three and three-quarter mile muddy course in 21 minutes and 36 seconds. The seven Crimson runners were Bob Jay, Bill Palson, John Sopka, Bob Kent, Tom McElligott, Fred Phinney, and Bob Houghton.

At the bark of the gun, the Terrier hill and dalers sprinted into a quick lead but could not keep up the gruelling pace. As early as the one and a half mile mark, there were no B. U. runners left in the first seven.

In the informal second team affair, eleven Crimson runners came in before the first Terrier appeared at the finish line. This race, which was for the second team Varsity men and Freshmen, was won by Don McCaul, followed in order by:

Will Dalrymple, Captain Kay Rogers, Jack Jillson, Bill Ellis, Joe Scott, Bob Troescher, Hugh Tuttle, John McCulloch, Gil Stewart, and Hans Hackmann. The first Yardling to finish was McCulloch and the second was Hans Hackmann.