HDC WILL PUT ONE FOOT INTO RADCLIFFE SOCK AND BUSKIN

Plans to Join Forces With Idlers in Forthcoming Play

In addition to building themselves a new clubhouse at the rear of 13 Holyoke Street, the Harvard Dramatic Club is working on further plans for a successful season this fall. Under consideration is the possibility of collaboration with the Radcliffe idler on a play to be presented November 29. By pooling their talents both organizations expect to achieve better results than either could alone. Radcliffe Idler will get better actors and technicians than they have had before, while H.D.C. gets the free use of a theater and the services of one of Boston's best directors.

Miss-Phyllis Stohl, head of the Drama Department of the Erskine School has been engaged to direct the Idler plays this year. Since the spring shows of both clubs last year suffered from poor direction, the choice of Miss Stohl as dresses is excellent, for her work at Erskine has won her the reputation of the finest directress to be found around Boston, She will be able to make good use of the combined talents particularly in the staging of the play since John Bolabird's ability at designing and H. D.'s excellent stage crew make possible a better setting than the Idler would be able to build.

The play will probably to given in Agassiz Theater at Radcliffe which the Idler Club can use without charge. Though the stage is small it is more useable than Sanders Theater where the Dramatic Club has given its plays for the last two years, paying high prices for heat, light and janitor. Miss Stohl expects to have the stage built out enough to give sufficient room for a large production.

The only problem in the collaboration which is still unsettled is the selection of the play. The first requirement is a fair distribution of parts between both sexes, and the second that of being amusing and light. The clubs have had a hard time finding a show which is satisfactory and which at the same time will pass the mild requirements of both Dean's offices. This fall show will definitely be something in a humorous vein since the clubs feel that people at this time wish to be amused rather than lectured. This is a promising change from the very serious and artistic shows which have been HDC's specialty in the past. The title of the show will be announced later this week. In the meantime the Drama Club will interview all members of the College who would be interested in doing any type of work on the publication.