KIRKLAND DEFEATS DUNSTER; LOWELL CRUSHES LEVERETT

Bellboys Win 14-0; Deacons Chalk Up Third Straight 7-0

By Dan H. Fenn jr.

Yesterday's House League football games on Soldiers Field ran true to the dope sheets, with Lowell tripping Leverett 14-0, and Kirkland ringing up 7 points to defeat the Dunster Funsters.

The Bellboy's one man backfield, Johnny Felmouth, did not dress for the first half on account of a slight injury, but since the game was tied up at 0-0, he put on his uniform, and was sent into the fray. The Lowell score came soon after the start of the second half, when, after driving down the field from their own 25 to the Bunny 7, they were thrown back for a ten-yard loss by Bill Barnes, Rabbit linesman, and then held for downs. However, Leverett fumbled a few plays later, and then the Bellboy candidate for all-House honors. Felmouth again pounded down the sidelines to the 5.

From there, Dick Sorlien carried the ball into the Promised Land. A pass, Sorlien to Felmouth, chalked up the extra point. The second Lowell score came at the end of the game, when the Rabbits, with their backs to the wall, decided to try a pass on fourth down. It failed, so the Bellboys took over on the 12, Felmouth again advanced the ball into scoring territory, this time to the 1, and here Sorlien again drove it over. Bob Axtell, the right end, booted the ball for the conversion.

In the other half of yesterday's double-bill, the undefeated, untied, and unscored-on Kirkland outfit hammered out a second period touchdown to send the Funsters down the river with their second defeat of the campaign. Bill Cleveland was the star of the Deacon backfield today, cracking the Dunster guard for long gains, and finally snagging a pass from "Griff" Griffith to set up the score. George Blanchard, the Kirkland baftering ram, powered the ball over for the six points, and another Griffith to Cleveland pass scored the extra point.