Yardlings Notch First Win, 7 - 0

TRIM UNBEATEN WORCESTER TEAM

Coach Chief Boston's Freshman football team finally crashed into the winning column last Saturday by taking a hitherto undefeated, Worcester Academy team into camp to the June of 7 to 0.

The game was significant because it was the first time since 1939 that the Academy team had tasted defeat. But to the Yardling's hopes for the rest of the season, it dealt a severe blow when Bill Barron, first string left halfback, was forced out of the affair with a broken arm.

It was the same Barron who accounted for the Yardling's second touchdown of the season, ploughing through guard from the two yard line in the second period for the only score of the game. This play had been set up by a pass interference penalty deep in Worcester territory. Jim Gallagher added the extra point on a placement kick.

Worcester Kept on Defensive

With their newly-elected captain and center, Jack Fisher, shining like a light-house in the line, Coach Boston's gridders kept their opponents back on their heels from the start to the finish.

In fact the margin of victory almost became two touchdowns when the final whistle cut off a promising Crimson advance which had only two more yards to go to reach pay dirt. Gallagher and Paul Perkins did most of the ground gaining in this advance.