JAYVEE TEAM TAKES ON ELIS; BOOTERS MEET BLUES TODAY

Crimson Gridsters Rated Over Visitors

By A.edward Rowse

A good Crimson Junior Varsity football aggregation will have to stay in high gear if it expects to squelch a determined Eli outfit when the two teams meet at 2 o'clock this afternoon on the enclosed practice field on Soldiers Field.

Coach Henry Lamar's men should be able to force the visitors into defeat and thus repeat last year's 16 to 6 Crimson victory, but Yale has lost all three games it has played this season and will be out for blood.

Army was the only team that both squads met this fall and both lost to the well-drilled cadet outfit. Yale also fell before the onslaught of Penn and Princeton, the latter a 21 to 20 thriller last Saturday.

Yale Shows Improvement

The Eli team, which looked hopelessly weak against Army in its opening game, has shown a great deal of improvement as shown by the close score against the Tigers.

Its sharpest weapon has been its passing attack, headed by ace tosser Floyd Fay, with Johnny Gatsos and Vinny McClelland on the receiving end.

The Crimson team has dropped two close contests to Princeton and Army, 7 to 6, and 13 to 7, and has won its other two games with Northeastern Freshmen 26 to 0 and M. I. T. Varsity 35 to 0.

Caleb Loring and Tom Cowen have been the spearheads of the Crimson running attack, which really broke out into the open against Tech last week, accounting for all five touchdowns.