CRIMSON COMPETITIONS FOR THREE BOARDS OPEN TONIGHT

Places on Four Boards Open To Freshmen, Sophomores

Yardling aspirants for positions on the news, business, and photo boards of the CRIMSON, Sophomores who have a you for solving the problems of youth, of the College, and of the world, and Sophomore and Junior art and music critices will all gather for free beer and a close look at the actual workings of the paper at 7:30 o'clock this evening in the CRIMSON building.

A can of beer chug-a-lugged tonight is not ipso facto the beginning of the road to fame, but for successful candidates it may eventually lead to topflight undergraduate position, and is in any case the first of a succession of bears and other good things to be enjoyed in the Plympton Street emporium.

Business Board

Nine out of ten Freshmen beginning their CRIMSON business competitions in past years have asked, "What will I get out of this?" The answer is: "Besides odds and ends such as free passes to movies, free clothing, etc., you'll learn how to sell and have a chance to earn some money." While most members of the Class of '45 will never have to sell floor was or washing machines, chances are that every single one of them will have to sell himself some time and the CRIMSON busy board is the place to learn how to do it.

News Board

News competitions are not designed for the man who intends to make the newspaper business his life's career. It is for the Freshman who has an itch to learn more about Harvard and more from Harvard than he can find in a Sever classroom.

For this reason candidates are not tied down by routine. After learning the essentials of news-writing and form, candidates are free to gather choice scoops where they can find them, and an experienced news editor is on hand to teach news-writing, and to deal out assignments and possible leads.

Ed Board and Columns

Like newsmen, editorialists must have a nose for news, but critical suiffs and eyebrow-raisings are an indispensable adjunet. Art and music columnists will turn in one verve-packed account of first-night visits regularly every week.

Photo Board