HOLABIRD CHOSEN TO DESIGN SETS FOR "THE MAGISTRATES"

Radcliffe Idler To Give Play November 28 and 29

John A. Holabird, Jr. '42 of Lowell House was chosen to design the sets for Arthur Pinero's "The Magistrate," fall production of the Radcliffe Idler, it was announced by the Idler recently. Tickets for the performance of the play on Friday and Saturday evenings, November 28 and 29, at 8:30 o'clock at Agassiz Theatre are now on sale.

Eight Harvard students will have roles in the production, with John S. Wasley '44 as male lead. Others are Philip Foisie '44, David Duncan-Hall '45, Earl Montgomery '43, Theodore Yardley '42, Herbert Weiner '43, Donald Jair '45, and Justin Colin '45.

Miss Mary Douglas '43 will be the leading woman, with other Radcliffe parts taken by Misses Mary Elizabeth Fallon '43, Madeleine Robb '43 and Gertrude Wind '44; Miss Phyllis Stobl of the Erskine School, Idler's new director, is directing the play.

Although this is Holabird's first work for Idler, he is well known for his recent successes in College, namely "Family Reunion" and "Ascent of F-6."

Sets for "The Magistrate" will give Holabird a period new in his designing experience: heavy Victorian. The faree, which was a favorite through the late '80's and '90's, calls for a Victorian drawing room, a palatial French restaurant, and a police-court anteroom.