Twenty-Nine new Men swell Ranks Of Teaching and Research Faculty

Twenty-nine appointments to the teaching and research staff, effective this fall, were announced by Harvard University recently, as follows:

Shannon McCune, of Columbus, Ohio, as Visiting Instructor in Geography; Ph.D. Clark University '39.

Lowin T McDaniel, of Boston, Mass., an Assistant Medical Adviser; M.D. Harvard '36.

Franklin P. Metcalf, Professor of Botany at Lingman University, Canton, China, as Research Associate at the Arnold Arboretum; Ph.D. Cornell '31.

William H. Kelly, of Tuscon, Ariz., as Research Associate in Southwestern American Ethnology; B.A. University of Arizona '36.

John J. Cummings, of Worcester, Mass., as Associate in Research, Business School: M. B. A. Harvard '36.

Herbert D. Rollason Jr., of Middle town, Conn., as Teaching fellow in Biology; A. M. Williams College '41.

Seymour O. Baker, of Dekalb, III., as Teaching Fellow in Public Speaking; A. M. University of Chicago '35.

Richard W. Allen, of Detroit, Mich., as Teaching Fellow in Spanish; A. M. Harvard '37.

Gordon R. Tatum, of Waco, Tex., as Visiting Lecturer on Electronics; Ph.D. Harvard '37.

Philippe E. LeCorbeiller, of Cambridge, Mass., an Lecturer on Electronics; Docteur-on-sciences, University of Paris '19.

Instructors in Electronics; Herbert D. Schwetman of Waco, Tex., A. M. University of Texan '37; and Harry E. H. Stockman of Cambridge, Mass., Diploma, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, '38.

Teaching Fellows in Chemistry; Jacob Chanley, of New York, N. Y., M. S. University of Chicago '40; Myron G. Berry, of Tilton, N. H., A. B. Colby College '40; and George E. Challenger, of Meredith, N. B. A. B. New York University '40.

Teaching Fellows in Geology; Sheldon Judson Jr., of Utica. N. Y., A. B. Princeton '40; and Norman C. Smith, of Somerville, N. J., A. B. Washington and Lee University '37.

Teaching Fellows in Economics, and Tutor: Myron J. Spencer, of Cincinnati, Ohio, A. M. Cincinnati '40; and Herbert B. Woolley, of Silver Springs, Md., A.B. Stanford '39.

Teaching Fellows in Government, and Tutor. George B. Gardiner Jr., of Lynn, Mass., A. M. Harvard '40; and Edgar J. Kemler, of Baltimore, Md., M.P.A. Harvard '41.

Teaching Fellows in Philosophy, and Tutor: Henry D. Aiken, of Portland, Ore., A.M. Stanford University '37; and Frederic W. Hooper Jr. of Cambridge, Mass. A. M. Dartmouth '34.

Assistants in Physics and Communication Engineering: Hermann G. Rudenberg, of Belmont, Mass., S.B. Harvard '41; and Francis B. Riggs Jr., of Cambridge, Mass., S. B. Harvard '41.

Oliver W. Whitby, of Teddington, England, as Teaching Fellow in Physics and Communication Engineering: S. M. Harvard '40.