News From the Houses

Winthrop House

This year Eliot House will put out a year book for the first time. Homer Wick '42, has taken on his capable shoulders the job of editing it. He will be assisted by a willing group of House members, amateur camera fans, short story writers, and budding businessmen.

Eliot Snider '41, Chairman of Interhouse Debating at Dunster says that the team composed of Funsters N. N. Griffith '42, and W.F. Rogers, Jr. '43, will smear Eliot House Tuesday, and prove that the United States should not send food for European countries at war.

Eliot House Members will benefit from a series of record dances throughout the winter. The innovation will be open to house members only and the dances will be free.

Kirkland had its first "Nocturnal Collation" last Sunday evening. Refreshments and entertainment were in charge of J. A. McAuliffe, Chairman of the Hospitality Committee.

The Sophomores on the Gold Coast Last week nominated the following as candidates for the Adams House Committee: Donald Forte, Robert T. Hurley, Donald E. McNichol, William McN. Rand, jr. John L. Ryan, John W. Sullivan and Charles H. Tobias, Jr.