Outing Club Chooses Next Year's Officers

Oedel Elected President; McNair And Wolfe Named

At its first business meeting of the year, the Outing Club yesterday elected Howard T. Oedel '43 president of the coming year, Robert E. MacNair '43 director of trips, and William A. Wolfe '43 treasurer. After adopting a new constitution, it was decided to postpone the formal election of a Sophomore as secretary until the February business meeting.

During the meeting, plans for the coming winter and spring terms were discussed. Principal among the scheduled events, the club is attempting to arrange for a ski-house at Saint Saveur in the Candian Laurentians for the use of club members during the Christmas vacation.

As a result of the outstanding success of the bicycle races to Wheaton and Wellesley this year, Steve Winship '42, the club's acting president, suggested that several more be held in the spring.

The formation of the Outing Club's square dance band and the increase in membership were pointed out by Winship as the outstanding achievements of this year.

After the business of the meeting was dispensed with, Winthrop Porter of the Appalachian Mountain Club showed the group movies.