2 Varsity Lettermen Return To Wrestling Coach Boston

Season Begins With MIT Next Saturday

By J. ROBERT Moskin

The surrealist picture of arms, legs, and formless sweat-shirts which yesterday was Harvard Varsity wrestling will this afternoon straighten itself out into some semblance of a grappling squad when Coach Chief Boston holds his pre-season try-outs.

Graduation, academic difficulties and injuries have deeply dented the candidate showing and Chief Boston has nothing but dark foreboding for the campaign's outcome. Only two of last year's letter winners are eligible at this point for intercollegiate competition: Dick Thomas and Jim Redmond, the latter of whom is currently incapacitated with a leg injury.

Meet Tech Saturday

One week from today, Boston's wrestlers will open against M.I.T. which is reputed to have one of the strongest mat teams in its history. Members of last winter's squad which upset the Crimson Yardlings 28-5 are expected to play a major role in the Tech attempt to throw Harvard hopes.

Johnny Page's decision that he needed more time for his studies and the handicapping cold of 175-pounder Lee Sosman have also crimped the squad's style.