HOOPSTERS MEET CORNELL TODAY

Simpson's Quintet is Rated as Underdog in Traditional Match

By A. EDWARD Rowae

None other than Cornell's Big Red basketball team will be the main athletic attraction tonight in the Indoor Athletic Building when it tangles with Captain Franny Simpson's traditional underdog five. As an added feature, the once-beaten Yardlings will clash with the Boston Boys Club at 7 o'clock.

In second place in the Eastern Intercollegiate League, the Ithacans boast a record of five wins against one defeat. Dartmouth is the only team which has turned the tables on them.

Coach Wes Fesler's men are at the bottom of the league with three straight losses, the most recent being the heartbreaker to Princeton Wednesday night. But six non-league victories on the other side of the ledger show that the Crimson may pull a surprise in the very near future.

High Scoring Visitors

Leading the Cornell team will be Captain Jim Bennett, former Exeter captain, who is now out in front in the League scoring race with 75 points. Four other Cornell men are in the first ten of the league's scorers. Bill Stowart, another former Exeter captain, has 45 points, Ken Jolly, has 44 points, Howie Dunbar has 41, and Sam Hunter has 33 points.

Heading the Crimson scoring parade will be Jee Romano, whose 30 points in three league games puts him way ahead of his teammates in the individual scoring race. Trailing him come. But Fiaegan, Ed Buckley, and Simpson.

Coach Fesler expects his men will hit their stride tonight for the first time since the disastrous mid-year examination layoff. If they do, they will have a good chance to upset the cocky visitors.