Crimson Racquetmen May Upset Tiger Ace

According to Coach Jack Barnaby, the racquetmen have a fighting chance to upset favored Princeton in the Intercollegiate Tournament to be held this week at Williams College.

Top-seeded for the tournament beginning Thursday is Tiger Charlie Brinton who won the National Tournament held in New York yesterday afternoon. Seniors Gene Nickerson and Sonny Lyell together with Sophomores Decker Orr and Sandy Parker from Barbaby's strong 1941 squad are rated a good chance to score an upset.

Coach Barnaby's hopes are based on the team's steady improvement since the start of the season, and on the Nassau match two weeks ago. In this meet Nickerson lost to Brinton by only three points in a five game match, while Lyell beat Johnny Humes, in a long tight game.

The field of opposition this year is better than ever, with Johnny Humes from Princeton, Yale's Captain Oliver, Hill from Penn, and Remsen from Dartmouth all offering stiff competition. There should be a tight series of matches from start to finish, Barnaby propheside.

Harvard has won six of the last nine tournaments, while Princeton has taken two and Penn one. Last year's winner was Ken Canavarro from Barnaby's 1940 squad.