GLEE CLUB WILL SING THREE SYMPHONY HALL CONCERTS

As the climax to a heavy spring schedule which includes a tour of the eastern seaboard, the Glee Club will make three appearances in Symphony Hall, singing two concerts alone and one with the Radcliffe Choral Society.

While it is on the read this spring, the club plans performances in Baltimore; Harrisonburg, Virginia; Duke University; Annapolis; and two appearances in New York. Near home, a performance with the Radcliffe choristers is scheduled for March 6 in Sanders Theatre and another later in the spring at the Boston Art Museum.

Among the most interesting of the songs that are being rehearsed this year are the "Dirge For Two Veterans", by Holst; "Choeur de Soldats", from Johann Straus operetta "La Reine Indigo"; "Der Ganz am Liebchen", by Brahms; and the exciting opening scene from Verdi's "Othello." Familiar pieces such as several choruses from the Gilbert and Sullivan operettas "Patience" and "The Mikado", and "My Spirit Be Joyful" from Bach's 146 Cantate will also be performed.

In Symphony Hall, Liszt's Faust is to be performed on March 28 and 29. One month later, on April 27, the Missa Solemnis by Beethoven will be sung with Radcliffe. The last of the three appearances will be at one of the annual Pops concerts later in the spring.

One of the most novel works that is sung is "The Rio Grande", an impressionistic work by Constant Lambert. This work, full of rhythms and jazz melodies, will be performed with the Radcliffe Choral Society in the joint concerto to be given in Sanders Theatre on March 6. Another work to be sung at that time is Thompson's "Alleluia".

Spring Concerts in Yard

The College will have ample opportunity to hear the Club sing in its annual series of spring concerts in the Yard.

As a result of the Quartet trials held last fall, about 60 men were selected for the concert list from the 250 members of the club. Officers of the club are David D. Henry '41, president, Charles P. Berger, Jr. '41, vice-president, and John W. Darr '42, secretary. The club boasts four talented accompanists, William W. Austin 2G, Edgar H. Sparks 1G., James J. Lawlor, Jr. '44, and John E. Reynolds '44. The managerial staff consists of Robinson Murray, Jr. '42, manager, Elwood Gaskill, graduate manager, and Edward Brooks, Jr. '44 and James D. Lowell '44, assistant managers.