KIRKLAND BEATS LOWELL FOR 1941 HOUSE SWIMMING TITLE

35-22 Score Earns Deacons Chance to Meet Yale Team

Kirkland House clinched the House League swimming title and gained the right to meet Trumbull College, Yale champions, by scoring a decisive 35 to 22 victory over Lowell House yesterday afternoon in the Indoor Athletic Building pool. In the second meet yesterday Eliot beat Dudley 31 to 25.

Al Mathis, Mike Brody and Bill Jay sparked the Deacons to victory in the final meet of the season. Mathis teamed with Jack Eherle and Mal Rowe to give the Kirklandites a win in the medley relay and then finished in first place in the 1000-yard backstroke.

Mike Brody touched out Sam McClellan and George Ball of the Bellboys in the 50-yard free style besides trying his hand at the breast stroke. In the second event he triumphed easily over teammate Gordon Allen. Bill Jay was the winner of the 100-yard free style event.

Whedon Smith took the only individual place for the Bellboys. FINAL HOUSE SWIMMING LEAGUE STANDINGS   Won  Lost Kirkland  7  0 Lowell  6  1 Adams  5  2 Eliot  4  3 Dunster  3  4 Winthrop  2  5 Leverett  1  6 Dudley  0  7