Cindermen Are Slight Favorites Over Army

The Crimson track and field forces will be a slight favorite over a question mark Army squad at West Point this afternoon. Harvard is strong in the sprints, the high jump, the pole vault, the broad jump, and the hurdles, but is weak in most of the running events.

Doug Pirnie and Charley Smith are favored to sweep the 60-yard dash, and hurdlers Don Donshue and Don MacKinnon should come in one-two in the 80-yard high hurdles. John Bunker and Bob Partlow will score heavily in the high jump, and the latter is favored to cop the broad jump. Mitch Ford and Chester D' Autroment are a strong pair of pole vault entrants, but all along the line the strength of the Cadets is uncertain. They may pop up with unexpected men in any of the above events.

Injuries and probation have stripped Coach Mikkola's squad of most of its running talent, except in the sprints, so Harvard does not have any sure points in the mile, the two mile, or the long relays. If the visiting Crimson trackmen can make any sort of a showing in these races, the meet will be theirs.