CRIMSON GRAPPLERS THROWN FOR 19 TO 11 LOSS BY ELI TEAM

Freshmen Also Fall Under Pressure of Potent Blue

Assuming their place on the bottom rung of the Big Three ladder, the grapplers collapsed before a strong Eli delegation, 19 to 11, at New Haven Saturday afternoon. Simultaneously, the Freshmen were swamped by their undefeated Blue rivals, 27 to 3.

Crimson hopes were realized in only three weights. Captain Ted Scheenberg gave the meet a good start by throwing his man in 2:37 with a reverse Nelson and body lock. Dick Thomas outranked the Yale 145-pounder for a 6 to 3 referee's decision, while 175-pound Tom Lacey wrested a 5 to 1 decision from his opponent.

Except for Thomas' bout, the four crucial fights ended up in Yale hands. Jim Redmon was forced to yield a decision to powerful Brooks Parker of Yale, in the 128-pound slot. Ray Stone held out against a more experienced adversary for 8:12, but was finally thrown, while 165-pound John Page fared only slightly better and kept his opponent down to a referee's decision.

In the 155-pound bracket, Dick Davidson was defeated by a 6 to 1 decision, and heavyweight Larry Picket, captain of the Yale team, felled Tom Rogstad with a body hold in 7:36.

The Freshman contest was prevented from being a blank only by Captain Ted Guild, who won a 14 to 12 decision in an overtime in the 128-pound class. Jim Reidy, Bill Watson, Charlie Purinton, and Dug Burns were able to hold their opponents down to decisions, while Bill Moss, Frank Houston, and George Blanchard were all pinned.