Grapplers, Swimmers to Compete In Intercollegiates Over Weekend

Powers Aims to Beat Johnson in 100 Swim

Led by Captain Frannie Powers who is aiming to repeat his recent triumph over Yale's Howle Johnson in the 220-yard free style, nine of Coach Hal Ulen's top-flight swimmers will compete in the Individual Championships of the Eastern Intercollegiate League held at Annapolis today and tomorrow.

No team scores will be computed for this annual climax to the Eastern League swimming season, but Yale with its galaxy of individual stars is favored to walk off with most of the first and second places.

White Swims Medley

Captain Powers, whose team finished in third place in the league race with four wins and two losses, will not only enter the 100-yard sprint and fight it out with Johnson and Captain Sanburn of Yale in the 220 but is also scheduled to swim anchor man in the 400-yard relay. His best race is the furlong in which he is undefeated this season.

Other Crimson finners include Bob White. who is entered in the 300-yard individual medley instead of his favorite breaststroke event, Art Bosworth, Bus Curwen, Lonnie Stowell, Bill Drucker, Shaw McCutcheon, Frank Gorman and Tom Shrewsbury.