Phi Beta Kappa Keys Given Eight Juniors in Elections Last Night

Four Houses, Several Fields Represented

Phi Beta Kappa elected its annual eight members from the Junior Class last night, thereby giving recognition to the most prominent scholars in the Class of 1942.

Those elected were:

Alan J. Ansen, of Woodmere, Long Island, N. Y. and Leverett House. Concentrating in English, Ansen is a member of the Circolo Italiano and the the French Club; during his Freshman year he was a member of the Union Library Committee.

Howard C. Benett, Jr., of Latham, N. Y. and Eliot House. Bennett is a Classics concentrator. He is a member of the Advocate and the Harvard Pacifist Association.

Warren M. Cannon, of Independence, Mo. and Lowell House. Cannon, a National Scholar, is assistant manager of basketball and a member of the debating council. He is an Economics and Mathematics concentrator.

Roger A. Cunningham, of Kent, O. and Lowell House. History is his field, and, in addition to being a debater, he is also vice-president of Pierian Sodality.

Gabriel Jackson, of Mt. Vernon, N. Y. and Leverett House. A concentrator in History and Literature, he is also a member of Pierian Sodality and the Harvard Student Union.

Benjamin H. Landing Jr. of South Bend, Ind. and Winthrop House. He majors in Biology and is active in the Ornithological Club and the Biological Society.

John A. Ordway 2nd of Franklin, N. H. and Eliot House. He concentrates in Classics and Economics, is on the varsity track squad, and is assistant manager of the squash team.

Keith R. Symon, of Terre Haute, Ind. and Lowell House. He majors in Philosophy and Mathematics, was on the Freshman tennis team, and is, at present, a member of Phillips Brooks House and the debating team.