1,052 STUDENTS SIGN PETITION

A final count last night of the petition calling for the sale of the broadcasting rights to next year's football games disclosed that 1,052 students have placed their names on the list during the past seven days.

Although it is scheduled to come up for discussion tonight when the Student Council holds its bi-weekly meeting, it was not possible to learn what attitude the Council will adopt towards the matter. The Undergraduate Athletic Council has already discussed the petition and their attitude is likewise still unknown.

Growing rapidly, the list of names almost doubled in size, over the weekend, jumping up from just a little over 600 to its present size. Adding some 350 signatures the Union was the strongest single booster of the movement. Eliot, Dunster, and Leverett Houses each added more than 100 names apiece.

The petition calls attention to the fact that the University has been offered, and refused, $87,500 for the privilege of broadcasting next fall's football games, a sum which all but cancels the expected reduction in next year's athletic budget.