1944 Baseball Squad Starts Trip Monday

Between 14 and 16 Yardlings, composing the Freshman baseball squad, will travel South next week on their annual spring trip, they will attempt to avenge last year's defeats at the hands of Mercersburg School in Pennsylvania and Staunton Military Academy in Virginia.

According to Adolph W. Samborski, '26, coach of the Freshman nine, the team is a well-balanced one. It is weak, however, in the vital pitching department. Compared with the 1940 combination, it is a more even team, but last year's twirlers showed more promise at this point in the season.

A long schedule of 20 games is planned for the 1941 season, with two or three other trips. The squad will journey to Andover and Exeter, but will meet the Elis on Soldiers Field.

The team leaves Monday for Mercersburg, where they will practice Tuesday afternoon. A heavy three days then ensues, with practice sessions every morning, and games in the afternoons: Mercersburg on Wednesday, Staunton Military Academy on Thursday, and Massanutten Military Academy, Virginia, on Friday.