Hoopsters Meet League-Leading Indians; Hockey Team to Take on Dartmouth Here

Pucksters Working For 1st League Win

By John C. Bullard

In their next to last game of the season the hockey team meets Dartmouth in the Boston Garden at 8:30 o'clock tonight. Before the disastrous match with Yale on Saturday the Crimson was accredited a good chance of handing the Indians a defeat in their return match, but the way the team went to pieces at New Haven makes the outcome a little unsure.

By all the comparative scores which the statisticians can discover Harvard should enter the game with an even chance of winning its first league game in two years. The Indians just edged in ahead of Pren Willetts' team in Hanover by a 5 to 4 margin; and they suffered a 7 to 2 defeat at the hands of the league champion, Princeton, while Yale was taking the Crimson over the bumps 8 to 2 last weekend.

Kayser in Crimson Nets

Bob Kayser replaces Ab Fenn in the Crimson nets, in an effort to bolster a weak Harvard defense. Contrary to pre-season dope on the matter it has not been the Crimson's inability to score goals which has kept the team out of the winning column, but rather a tendency to let every team on the schedule chalk up a substantial number of goals on their side of the record.

Monday evening, the team scrimmaged the Junior Olympics in Boston to accustom themselves further to the Garden ice, and Hodder spent most of the time working on his up-and-coming Sophomore line and the constantly changing second line. As things stand now, this latter trio will probably start the evening as an all-St. Paul's group of Gordie McGrath at center with Demi Lloyd and Bob Cox on the wings. Dick Noone, who figured in one of the two Harvard goals at New Haven, and Bill Claflin, will probably see action before the end of the evening, however.

Dartmouth's starting lineup is the same as that used by Coach Jeremiah at Hanover, when his burly Sophomore defenseman Harry Gerber went on the rampage.