NINE PLAYS AT CORNELL

Waldstein and Ayres Will Face Opposition Tomorrow

It's the litmus paper test for Mort

Waldstein, Crimson pitching discovery, when he takes the mound against the Big Red of Cornell in the first game of a twin bill scheduled for tomorrow afternoon on the diamond overlooking Lake Cayuga.

Opposing Waldstoin in the Crimson's Eastern League opener, will be Walt Sickles, last year's league leading pitcher. Sickles, headman of the Cornell mound corps, turned in a pair of one sided victories over the Stahlmen last season and until he was beaten by Pennsylvania last Saturday, he had not been defeated in two year's of league play.

Ayres Also to Pitch

In the second game against the Redmen who are still rated as one of the top teams in the league despite their loss to Penn, Coach Floyd Stahl will start either Burgy Ayres, here of last year's Yale series, or Charlie Brackett.

Cornell lost only four men from last season's championship squad and as usual will be difficult to beat. Backing up Sickles on the mound is Ray Jerkins, a Junior who was the star twirler on his Freshman team two years ago, but who did not see action last year because of a football injury.

Outstanding veterans in the Big Red lineup are Co-captain Bud Finneran, catcher, and Co-captain Walt Scholl, third baseman. Ronnie Stillman holds down the shortstop position this year with Bob Ochs at second. At Kelly and Mike Ruddy have returned to posts in the outfield