Stevens, Army Defeat Stickmen 9-3, 12-1

Harvard hopes for its first lacrosse victory this year seemed high in both games played over the weekend, but each time when the final gun went off, the team was on the short end of topheavy scores, 9 to 3 against Stevens Institute and 12 to 1 against Army.

On Friday against Stevens the score was lied at half-time, 3 to 3, thanks to goals by Fred Benedix, Wally Fenn, and Bill lerardi, but the Harvard players were exhausted and Stevens tore through to win 9 to 3.

That night Don Wilson, a star on defense all afternoon, broke out with a rash. Weehawken Hospital believed that he had the measles and he was sent back to Cambridge.

Saturday afternoon at West Point, although Fred Benedix scored the only score of the first period, the Army scored six goals in the second period and went on to win 12 to 1. In the first period lerardi got a charley-horse in his left leg and later Fenn had a recurrence of the leg injury that he had at the beginning of the trip. The trouble in this game again appeared to be a lack of reserves and the condition of the team.

The Freshman ten lost their opening game to Deerfield Academy 15 to 2. Jay Hurley scored in nine seconds of the first period to give the Yardlings an early lead but Deerfield soon caught and passed them, led by their captain, Eagan, who scored six times. Ed Mahoney was the other Freshman scorer.