University Awards Twenty Scholarships

Awards totalling $6,337 have been awarded by the University to 20 students and instructors for study during the academic year or the summer, it was announced on Saturday.

Scholarships for this year in the College are: N. P. Hallowell memorial scholarship to Donald H. Shively '44; William Hilton scholarships to David Bushnell '44, Henry A. Frey '44, and Harold F. Van Ummersen, Jr. '44; Henry D. and Jonathan M. Parmenter scholarships to Edmund J. Harris '42 and Jess R. Pitts '41; and Richard Glover and Henry Russell Ames memorial awards to E. Langdon Burwell '41 and Donald A. Donahue '41.

In the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences awards for this year are: Edward Austin fellowships to Ernst Berliner 1G and Hermann D. A. M. Noether 2G; and Thayer fellowships to Alexander G. Nickle 3G and Bernard A. Orkin 3G.

Awards for travel and study this summer are: Rogers fellowship to Sumner Willard, teaching fellow in Romance Languages; Charles Dexter scholarships in English to Meyer H. Abrams, instructor in English, Charles W. Dunn, teach- ing fellow in English, Branford P. Millar, teaching fellow in English, Robert R. Rogers, teaching fellow in English, Outo E. Schoen-Rene, who was an instructor in English last year, and Claude M. Simpson, Jr., instructor in English; Sheldon fellowship to Irving M. London 2G