H.S.U. WILL PROBE LABOR'S ATTITUDE

Workers' Representatives Voice Views on Strikes Tomorrow Night

Labor's viewpoint on the much-discussed strikes in defense factories will be the theme of a meeting sponsored by the Student Union and featuring representatives from unions now directly involved in the industrial battles. Talks begin at 8 o'clock Thursday night in the Winthrop House Junior Common Room.

Answering a plea from the HSU, Michael Widman, chairman of the Ford workers' organizing committee of the United Automobile Workers, has promised to send a representative from his committee who will defend the workers now striking at River Rouge.

Clive Knowles, president of the Massachusetts State Laborers' Non-Partisan League, will talk, and Louis Torre, organizer for the Marine and Ship Builders' industrial union, which is now negotiating with Bethlehem Steel in the Fore River Ship Yards, is on the schedule.

Labor controversies with Ford, U. S. Steel, Bethlehem, Allis-Chalmers, Harvester, and the Pennsylvania mining companies will be taken up by the speakers and discussed on the floor. An open membership meeting to take action on Jim Crow practices in athletics and to make arrangements for the peace demonstrations on April 23 will follow.