Senior Class Issues Call For Ivy Orator

With the opening of the Ivy Orator competition last week, the Senior Class sent forth a call to all its humorists to deliver the address as part of the Commencement Exercises next June.

Opening the Stadium program on the afternoon of graduation, the Ivy Orator is responsible for creating laughter and instilling humor in the audience before the graduation exercises themselves, actually begin. His six-minute address to the assembled crowed must be hilarious with pun after pun to relieve the seriousness and raise the spirit of the graduation program.

Trial Speeches

After registering at the office of the purchasing agent in Lehman Hall before Tuesday, May 22, the candidates will be required to give trial speeches in Holden Chapel two days later. No special requirements are set forth to candidates, and men who have had any experience as debaters, or public speakers are urged to enter the competition.

The committee of Judges, Eliot L. Richardson '41, George H. Hanford 41, Thomas F. Donahue '41, and Robert A. James '41 will record the speeches, judge them, and select the winner. Frederick C. Packard, Jr. '29, associate professor of Public Speaking will assist in making the final choice.